HVAC design projects comprise the core of Ghattas Engineering’s project portfolio. Many of our design projects have evolved from our Energy Analysis Projects. Project scope can range from designing new systems, renovating existing systems, and retrofitting existing systems for new conditions.
As the Lead Engineering Consultant, Ghattas Engineering is experienced in developing a complete and coordinated design package. In this role, Ghattas Engineering offers the following services:
- Full contract administration services
- Development of design drawings (conceptual, partial, phasing, complete)
- Development of a complete bid specification package
- Management of design sub-consultants
- Provision of construction review services
Ghattas Engineering is also experienced with the development of pre-purchase equipment specifications, often required for an Owner’s budgetary issues and time constraints. As part of a pre-purchase specification, Ghattas Engineering has evaluated bid packages and negotiated with equipment vendors on the Owner’s behalf.
Specific HVAC systems that Ghattas Engineering has developed design/ specification packages for include:
- Special laboratory and clean room HVAC systems
- Air handling units
- Ventilation/exhaust systems
- Supplemental cooling systems
- Special computer room HVAC systems
- Chiller plants * Boiler plants
- Pumping distribution systems
In addition to acting as the Lead Engineering Consultant, Ghattas Engineering also provides design services as a sub-consultant to architects or another engineer. Ghattas Engineering has developed long-term working relationships with a number of local architects/engineers, and has been part of many successful design team projects.